Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Emmalee Ann Pearl Feldman

Hi all! I just realized that I never really explained the meaning behind Emmalee’s name and the spelling of it...I had actually started writing this post yesterday before work and then at work I think all but one of my clients asked me about her name and how we came up with the spelling (and all the names!) so I figured I'd better post this one. As I had stated in an earlier post we liked the name Emma but I like names that have a formal name and then a nickname to go with it…I think that’s because I’m Alison but I like Ali…and Jon is Jonathan. Anyway…so we came up with Emmalee…for those of you who don’t know, Jon’s mom’s name is Maralee…so we wanted to use the lee for the end of Emma’s name. Jon wasn’t too crazy about Emmalee but as we’ve come to know, he prefers Emmalee over Emma. Funny how life works! And then my mom’s name is Ann and I have a Great Aunt Pearl. So we were able to get three very important women in our lives into Emma’s name. I also have two grandma’s that are very important to me but we thought that Emmalee Ann Pearl Mary Clare would be an overkill…what do you think?!? And then we’d have to get Jon’s grandmas in there too…so we’ll save those names for later! Well I guess that’s all I really had to write today. So sorry I have been MIA for 2 weeks….our Internet was down all of last week…you don’t realize how much you use it until you don’t have it! So I figured I’d just wait ‘til this Wednesday to post again…I’ll probably start posting once a week on Wednesday’s for those of you who are still keeping up with us (thank you!). And it’s probably a good thing that the Internet was down last week because it was so cloudy, gloomy, rainy, etc. last week that I was kind of emotional and so this post might have been totally different…a little more sad than happy. I didn’t realize that weather could have such an effect on me…and I’m sure I still have a few hormones working against me. But thank you to all who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers. Some days I feel like we can use them more now than ever. We are getting far enough away from the situation to be starting to get back to normal life, and yet it is still so fresh to us. Thank you again for being there for us. Love to all!



Oh yeah...I think Sam is still working on trying to get some of the funeral clips on here...it's taking him a little longer than he thought...I need to check with him again to see where he's at with that...and I know he's working on editing her service and putting a DVD together for us. I don't know if any of you would want a copy of it (I know a few of you have expressed wanting a copy of it) but I know Sam can make copies for whoever would like one...just let us know...you can e-mail me. And I still have to get pictures of her trees on here for you to see...thanks for being patient with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali - you are so precious!!! I wonder if life is ever "normal" after what you have been through - perhaps that's where the "new normal" comes in. Life goes on but the heart is forever changed. You keep doing what you are doing and God will keep doing what He is doing for you, Jon and your family.
love as always, mary

Anonymous said...

we are still praying for you. Kami and I would love to see the service DVD... we were so disappointed to miss it.
Love ya.
aunt sue