Thursday, October 23, 2008

Six Months with Jesus

I decided to post today instead of yesterday since today is the six month anniversary of Emmalee's homecoming...six months ago at 12 noon Emmalee went to meet Jesus...and she's been completely healed since then! How awesome is that. But I know today will be kinda hard for Jon and I...so at noon...if you read this today...please send up a quick prayer for us. I'm thankful that we will both be at work today...it makes it easier when we are busy. Yesterday was so gloomy out that it was a pretty good day of reflecting...just looking at her picture...what a cute little thing:) Anyway...I'm just rambling now. This six month mark is kinda surreal. At this point I was thinking that she would have had her 2nd surgery...she would have been close to coming home, if not home already, and we would have had some time with her before having another surgery because that one would have been between the ages of 2-3. But even that wouldn't have been a guarantee...she might not have survived the 2nd surgery...or the third...and from some blogs I've read...she could have developed major infections and had something completely different to deal with. So I rejoice today that my sweet baby girl does not have to endure any of that...yes...to be selfish I would say...well we could deal with that...at least we'd have Emmalee here with us...but to be completely unselfish I'm so glad that God knows what is best for each and every one of us and he chose to have Emmalee come and sit on His lap instead of mine. Well, thanks for letting me take a little time to reflect. I hope you all have a wonderful October 23!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon & Ali
Today is bittersweet for all of us. We all miss Emmalee so much, but like you said Emmalee is completely healed and with God. How awesome is that! Not a day or prayer goes by that Ella doesn't ask God to give Emma a kiss for her. We love you guys and will be praying extra hard today.

Love,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that six months have gone by. It's noon your time and I am praying that the Lord will bless your day today. I'm comforted by the thought that Emmalee is basking in the glory of the Lord and that is the best place to be. God bless you and Jon today and always.

Candie

The Athearns said...

Praying for you always...