Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wednesday Update

Hi all! Well this will just be quick but I thought I'd better get something on here for all of you. Emma is doing good today. Resting really well. When we got up to the hospital today she was actually down getting a tube put in her nose so they could take one out of her mouth, which I think she likes! I guess that all went fine...they just threaded it right down. She's doing so good in fact that they actually had to come up and get some medicine for her 'cause she was getting fiesty with them! Little stinker! We also got a tour of where she'll be after her surgery in the cardiac unit. I won't sugar coat it...it was hard to see. And they told us how she'd have all these other wires and tubes in...they showed us a doll so we'd be able to picture it a little bit. We both just had a sick feeling in our stomach. So we could really use your prayers...Jon and I. These are going to be some tough days...today was really emotional for us and Emma needs your prayers for sure but if you have some extra time could you slip us into your prayers as well. Thanks to all...we just keep reminding ourselves that God promises us that He won't let us go through anything that we can't handle...so we will be able to handle it...but that doesn't mean it won't be hard. God is good though...we know that. Love to all!
~Jon, Ali, & Emma

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys. I will definately add a couple extra prayers in for you and Jon, not that I'm not already praying for you three almost constantly! Ali, you know my favorite verse and I think it is fitting for all three of you during this difficult, trying and also wonderful time.

Phillipians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

As you have said numerous times already - Our God is an awesome God! He is with each of you each step of this journey and will carry you through when it gets to tough to handle on your own. We love you guys and our prayers will continue.
Love,
Chris, Matt and Family

Anonymous said...

Well I love all the pictures and updates, thanks guys! I have been thinking/praying for you all every day, all day, especially when I look into my little Aubrey's eyes (which is all the time!). I can't wait for everything to be over for you all so that you will be able to hold her all that you want!!!
You have such a blessing on your hands.

I can't imagine how I would handle your situation, but I am blessed by the way you two are getting through it!
We will be praying for all 3 of you, as well as all the doctors and nurses on Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allie... you, Jon & Emma are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.
Brad & Amy Sillanpa

Anonymous said...

Oh Ali and Jon and Emma - I love you all so much. As surely as I know that I love you, I know God's hand will be in that surgery room and He will be holding Emma and guiding the surgeon's hands. God is real, His promises are true and He promises He will be there with Emma and her mommy and daddy. I can't say I know what you are going through or feeling because I don't but God knows. You are in the shadow of His wings.
love, mary (griffis)

Anonymous said...

Wish we could be there with you tomorrow. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers all day long. Phil. 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the PEACE OF GOD guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Amen. We love you all. Pam & Dick

Anonymous said...

Praying for all three of you.

Galatians 6:2 "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you! Our Bible study group memorized Psalm 139 awhile ago and it keeps going through my mind. It starts like this, "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." It comforts me to know that God know us so intimately. He knows what you two are thinking and feeling and He is there for you. If you have time read the rest of the chapter and I hope that you will find as much comfort in it as I have. Our God is good!! I miss you and look forward to seeing you soon!
Annette

Anonymous said...

The amount of grace God gives you for each day will be enough! Stand strong in the power of His might, knowing that nothing is too hard for Him!
Van Hal family

Anonymous said...

I have been checking on a daily basis - I really appreciate all of the updates. You all have been in my thoughts a lot lately, and I am really thinking of you today.
Love,
Mandy